SWIM AT BSTC
When it comes to swimming, there is something for everyone at BSTC. Spend your summer relaxing by the pools, while your children swim and play. Improve your child’s swimming ability by enrolling them in lessons. Or, help your child build self-esteem, sportsmanship, determination, camaraderie and ever lasting friendships by signing them up for swim team. We offer:
- A main pool with six-lanes for official swimming competitions.
- A kiddie pool that is 1ft to 3ft deep – perfect for those little ones who are building their confidence in the water.
- A full schedule of summer-long swimming lessons for all abilities.
- A competitive swim team.
2023 Swim Lessons
Swimming lessons are for MEMBERS ONLY.
- Swimming lessons are offered to children ages 3 through 17.
- Children must be potty trained (no swim diapers allowed in the big pool).
- Children must be willing to get into the water without a parent (parents are not allowed in the pool area during lessons).
The session runs for six weeks There will be one week of makeups at the end of the session to accommodate for any canceled lessons. Lessons take place on weekday mornings between 10am-12pm and on Saturdays between 9am-12pm.
Please sign up your child for the level that you think is appropriate:
- Level 1 – New swimmer. Cannot be in the pool unassisted. Children must be potty trained and willing to get into the pool without a parent.
- Level 2 – Can support themselves in the pool (doggy paddle). Must be able to put face in the water. Begin working on strokes like freestyle and backstroke.
- Level 3 – Can swim freestyle and backstroke by themselves. Lifeguards are not in the pool at this level.
- Level 4 – Knows all 4 strokes. Improving technique and work on flip turn.
- Level 5 – Stroke and turn – Perfect for advanced swim team members who are looking for more individual coaching.
Register for swim lessons using this link!
Private lessons are available to members only upon request. Please see the head lifeguard for more information.
2023 Swim Team
The Burlington Swim & Tennis Club’s swim team is a member of the Minuteman League and competes with teams from Lincoln, Concord, and Sudbury.
- Practices are held Monday through Friday mornings
- The summer season includes 5 meets plus Championships… and of course, the swim team awards party!
- Swim team is open to kids from Kindergarten through High School up to age 18. (Little ones must be able to pass a basic swim test to ensure they can safely swim in the deep end.)
- All schedule changes and cancellations will be posted on our Facebook page.
Swim team registration is $100 per child for members and $250 per child for non-members (each additional non-member child is $100). Non-members may only participate if space is available and with prior approval by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also purchase a swim team T-shirt. T-shirts are optional.
- 07/06/2023 BSTC @ Sudbury Swim & Tennis
- 07/11/2023 Codman vs. BSTC
- 07/18/2023 CCC vs. BSTC
- 07/25/2023 Thoreau Club vs, BSTC
- 07/31/2023 BSTC @ Greenwood
All dual meets begin at 6:00 PM, warm-up is at 5:30
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET – 08/05/2023 @ Codman
Championship meet begins at 9:00 AM, warm-up at 8:00
SWIM TEAM NEWS
If you signed up for swim team, we will be ordering our team suits through Varsity Swim Shop. Please refer to the attached document for ordering instructions. All suits need to be ordered by June 20 so they can be delivered prior to the first swim meet.